Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nicole's intro

My name is Nicole Schettini.  I am a junior, and currently majoring in Anthropology, and minor in Criminal Justice.  This is my second semester at Rutgers University.  I enjoy painting, and sewing.  So far I made three dresses, a few handy pouches, and a unfinished book bag.  Art, and fashion are my passion as well as  soccer.  I play for the women's soccer team here at Rutgers Newark, also played for Essex County College for the two years I've attended ECC.  I like to believe I was born in the wrong generation for I wish to have been present for the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's, because of the drastic change each decade consisted of, with fashion, movies, also the role of women in the household. I believe its amazing how far women have gotten with their roles from being in the household to being in competition with men trying to get the same job.  Art history of women fits into my studies because Anthropology is the study of people and culture, and I believe its important to understand things from a women's point of view and to stand for equality. Not saying I am a feminist or against men! I just believe in equality!


http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=we+can+do+it+women+rights&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=08AF4E5E4D5A3E863D03F67F5047632249F27AFB&selectedIndex=11

No comments:

Post a Comment