Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Intro. T.R

Hello fellow classmates, my name is Tatiana Ramos and I am a sophomore here at Rutgers University. My goals and aspirations in life are quite simple. I am planning on majoring in Public Administration and minoring in another language, so that I could work with immigration services. I was born in Peru and was brought here at the age of three. My parents divorced when I was very young so I was mainly raised by my mother and grandmother. I have been in an all-women environment my whole life, which is why I am a firm believer of feminism. I believe that women are capable of doing anything and everything a man can do, and so much more. I despise seeing other women getting insulted and humiliated by men just because they seem defenseless. For the most part, I am glad my family came to this country because women are not oppressed nor do we live in a patriarchal society. Unlike my country where men take advantage of women, and women have the need to rely on men. Unfortunately, patriarchal societies still exist in various countries today, but I hope I get to see the day where none them exist anymore. I support every feminism activity, and I also enjoy learning about it, which is why I took interest in this specific course. http://marciglass.com/2013/01/15/dear-phyllis/


No comments:

Post a Comment