Saturday, September 7, 2013

Intro Paragraph

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lakisha Hassell, I am a senior at Rutgers Newark. I have been on a 22 year journey to my expected 2014 graduation with a undergrad degree in History and minor in Women's and Gender Studies.  I work full time at an African American owned and operated bank in Newark. Generally, in jobs that I have held the women I meet or work for are very strong.  Many of these women pushed and inspired me to continue my education. I hope to one day either teach or become an advisor at a college or university.  Also, my goal ultimately was to show my son who is a sophomore in college that I started and I finished despite the many emotional and financial obstacles that were in my way.  I have discovered in my personal life and working life that art plays a pivotal role in every aspect.  Marketing, entertainment, hobby or career are where you see art unfold.  Where women stand in this is extremely crucial.  Since we are generally visual, art can become a teaching tool, a vehicle for expression and a thought provoking mind blowing experience.  Learning the history of women in art and seeing how it is moving forward, can only enlighten and broaden ones aspect and views of the world.
Traditional Art Paintings by Francoise Nielly 14
Posted inspiration by Semhal Nasreddin on 07/15/11
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment