Monday, September 9, 2013

Mini-Intro

Hi!

My name is Michelle Nguyen. I am a junior and currently majoring in Chemistry. I am also thinking about attending pharmacy school after college. Honestly, I am taking this Art and Women course to solely fulfill my general requirements. However, if you really think about it, without chemistry, art could not have been possible. Everything we use to create any type of art: paint, chalk, pencils, pens, markers, etc., all derived from a mixture(s) of chemicals. Therefore, technically, art and science do go hand-in-hand in the real world.This is the closest I can get with figuring out how art can fit into my studies. On the side note, I am interested in learning about feminism and how it is displayed in art history. This class will give me the opportunity to view feminism in an entirely different ballpark. I am excited to get to learn more about the history of art and feminism this semester. 

Summertime by Mary Cassatt

No comments:

Post a Comment