Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction Blog

Hello my fellow classmates. My name is Ilija Bubalo, I am in my junior year with a major in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. Not necessarily the best major/minor combination for any Art history class and I can honestly say my intentions for taking Art and Women was solely a credit issue. But as my Buddhist professor would argue, everything is subject to change, I have grown to become very interested about the subject. I am very intrigued by the subtle (and not so subtle) sexism that exists in the world and more specifically the Western world. In theory i would like to take the knowledge I anticipate to learn in this class and transcribe it to my major as well as the real world applications.


Picture was taken from Google. The artistic rendition of Marie Curie, a female scientist who became famous for her work with Radiology. She unfortunately died from Radiation Poisoning in 1934.

No comments:

Post a Comment