Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mahrukh Khan: Intro Post

Hey, my name is Mahrukh Khan. I'm a freshman here at Rutgers University so this is all kind of sort of new to me. With my Islamic background, I've always been influenced to patriarchal views on life. As a senior in high school, I took AP Art History and completely fell in love with it. It allowed me to explore my love of art and the creative side of me. Putting my background and my love together is what interested me in taking this class. It'll allow me to get another approach on art history itself. Nowadays, there's a lot of controversy going on on the way female artists are presenting themselves in the media. The prime example would be the famous Miley Cyrus. Most people judge Miley Cyrus on the way she's been acting in not only her music videos, but also in her performances on stage. But I don't judge her. Because the same people who are judging her probably have a daughter, or sister who is probably "twerking" on some guys crotch as they speak. I think women should be allowed to express themselves however they would like to. If that means that they accept their sexual side and their sexuality, so be it. 


Miley Cyrus
Wrecking Ball Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8

No comments:

Post a Comment