Thursday, November 14, 2013

Updated Project Proposal

For my Semester Project, I plan on creating an interactive online collage featuring the usage and portrayal of women in advertising, starting in the 1950s through today. I would like to cover the evolution of the idea of women in advertising, and the stereotypes that women had, have and have now become associated with because of the advertisements they are featured in.  The collage I plan on creating will be analytical and cover the evolution decade by decade. The mediums I plan on taking ads from will be magazines, billboards and commercials. If possible, I would like to also include a short 3 to 5 minute video.
The goal of my project is to weed out why women have certain stereotypes in advertising and why they have become attached to this stereotype, in addition why or why not, women haven't broken away from this stereotype.


From this above through this below...




http://womeninads.weebly.com/history.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/18-ads-that-changed-the-way-we-think-about-women-2012-10

4 comments:

  1. I like your idea of the stereotypes of women in advertisement. I especially liked how you used an image of Marilyn Monroe. I especially liked your assignment because it is almost similar to mine. I am curious as to why you think women have not broken away from this stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely inform to everyone on what these stereotypes are and how they deal with these certain stereotypes. I like the idea that you are making a collage out of this and you should make the video so that it is more interesting for the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the link for a video that you might want to watch and i am sure can help you with your project its called Objectifying Women not a progressive value
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/12/1119353/-Objectifying-Women-Not-A-Progressive-Value#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is close to mine with the male gaze and I'm curious to know what will your video include just women or also men?

    ReplyDelete