Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Project Proposal- The LightBulb Project

My semester project will consist of a blog that is dedicated to Domestic Violence Awareness.  I call this the Lightbulb Project because it is intended to shed light on Domestic Violence and end the silence that surrounds this topic.   My blog will be open for women of all backgrounds around the world to post on to.  There will be links with facts and respected websites pertaining to Domestic Violence.  I plan to make my blog as interactive and interesting as possible in order to attract and encourage visitors of the site to feel comfortable about having a conversation about this topic.

Users of the site will be encouraged to post art work, journal entries, and photos that they would like to share.  I plan to have a feature called "Lights Around the World."  This portion will be in the form of the map of the world that highlights random everyday women of all backgrounds across the globe.  Whenever someone posts about themselves or nominates a woman for their accomplishment, a lightbulb will pop up over their hometown on the world map.  The purpose of this portion is to encourage women and others to stand up and acknowledge the accomplishments of women across the globe.  A link to various websites that sell merchandise created by women, and women led organizations will also be posted.

It is my goal to launch my blog/site as an ongoing project.  I encourage everyone who visits the site to take a look around, interact with our community, encourage and support our blog visitors.  All of us have a mother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend who might run into the silent issues of domestic violence and it is my goal to educate and inform others about it through the use of art, media, and the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment