Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Final Project: Kickstarter for my Feminist Comic, REAPER


Digitally drawn and painted by Steven Saraiva


Although I was originally going to do a full-on comic issue, I found that it was much more time-consuming, much more expensive, and way more difficult than I had originally imagined. Instead, I decided to make a kickstarter to not only fund the project, but to motivate myself to get the comic done even after this class is over.

The kickstarter contains a very brief description of what my comic will be, as to not give any major details away just yet, but what it does contain is original art, rough sketches, sticker ideas, and even interpretations of my character, Reaper, done by two of my friends. Since there wasn't enough time to work on the comic itself, there is no dialogue or script available, only the art.

The purpose of my comic is to bring forth social issues- primarily feminist issues- and combat them through the comic, but also hopefully, helping people understand why they should combat those issues in real life. Unfortunately, to appeal to a larger audience, I have not specified on the kickstarter that this comic will mostly be about feminist issues, but instead, I have chosen only to describe them as "social issues." In this way, I will draw more support and therefore, more funding for this comic to become a reality.

Since Kickstarter, who works through Amazon, takes anywhere from days to weeks to verify one's account, I don't have a verified account yet. However, here are some images that will be on my kickstarter once it is fully verified.






To see a PREVIEW of my kickstarter page, click HERE.

Sources:

http://www.newsarama.com/5190-making-comics-with-a-kickstarter-to-your-funds.html

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/28/7-steps-for-creating-your-own-kickstarter-project/

http://www.crowdcrux.com/5-kickstarter-tips-for-comic-books/

The Tarot of Vampyres, Ian Daniels

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.483559211719385.1073741844.267291050012870&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment