Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MAC: Montclair Arts Collective


Montclair Arts Collective

My intention for the Montclair Arts Collective is to form a comprehensive online art collective for my community.  I have been a Montclair business owner and active community member for over 20 years and in that time, I have had the honor of meeting extremely unique, talented and motived people. I wanted to create a space for us to connect and flourish and a space where we can promote the greater good.  I envision an all-inclusive online home where artisans, activists and entrepreneurs can showcase their work and collaborate on events or projects together.  I would like to tap into this rich local base of participants and nurture their artistic goals. I am thinking locally to impact globally.

As this project has evolved I have had incredibly positive feedback, lots of interest and have gathered a wealth of resources to help launch this venture. Interestingly, there has been an undeniable female base, which falls perfectly in line with this semester’s core focus.

In the next few weeks I have many meetings planned with local artists, activists and entrepreneurs.  In these meetings I will get feedback and a better working knowledge of the technologies I have chosen to promote this project.  The two fantastic forms of social media I have selected for this project are Tumblr and Facebook.  

Realistically, I project that this collective will pick up speed and come to fruition in the spring and summer of 2014.  The process has been slower than originally anticipated and not without setbacks but the pace has been steady.  The upcoming season will provide us with better weather for outdoor activities and more opportunities to further promote this project.
Find us on Tumblr:  http://montclairartscollective.tumblr.com/
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/macollective

No comments:

Post a Comment