Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bitches be Like... - Semester Project


My semester project began with my interest in the Male gaze as well as how much disrespect women received throughout history as well as in my current generation. It is understood that every generation gives rise to something new and I feel that my generation gave rise to a very popular internet meme titled "Bitches be like...". I decided to write a research paper on that basis of clearing the negative connotation to the word 'Bitch' of its negative connotation and paving a way for a more positive view of women. I was also interested in education my own generation of what the word's original meaning meant and how women in the past have utilized it for change. By educating and informing I hope that change will come through the use of the same social media sites that produce many of the aforementioned memes and be a medium for a much more positive view on women. My research paper is hosted on the website Scribd.com which hosts many books as well as documents created by many people, and also allows my paper to be downloaded as a pdf. file.

My research paper can be viewed here

No comments:

Post a Comment